Writing Ourselves Alive
An 8-week autobiographical writing and embodiment course.
We all have stories to share. But how often do we think about the stories we create?
In this course we will use a technique called writing from the body to connect to and discover new stories inside us. This is a perfect opportunity to dive inwards if you are feeling lost or stuck or adrift, or perhaps your life is changing and you don’t feel connected to it. Perhaps you are looking for a clearer sense of purpose as the world around us shifts so dramatically. In this course you can safely explore who you are, who you think you are and who you want to be. This involves deep work and is not for the faint-hearted!
We will also look at how our sense of identity shapes our experience of being alive and consider the ways in which our identity can limit our embodied experience of aliveness.
Who is this is for?
- People who are looking for a deeper sense of connection to and understanding of themselves through their bodies
- People who want to develop new writing techniques that bring them closer to their direct experience
What you will learn and experience:
- Experience more ease of connection to your body
- Discover new techniques of writing from the body
- Write new material in a variety of forms
- Increased confidence to speak and share your own words
- Increased sense of presence through being more embodied
- New and clearer understanding of who you are
What you will receive:
- Weekly writing workshops via Zoom and access to the recorded exercises
- Weekly embodiment exercises delivered to your email
- Weekly creative exercises and activities
- A closed Facebook group to share your writing and reflections with other course members
No previous experience needed.
Please contact Tracy for next dates.
“Tracy’s embodied approach to writing is deeply powerful yet gently human. It gives the body back its voice – its authentic voice – and allows its vulnerable expression to flow freely from within. I entered the session feeling tense and emotionally clenched – exited feeling light, free and with a beautiful sense of emotional release and spaciousness within. It unlocked the trapped story of my body and allowed me to breathe a little deeper. The body really does remember and it really does have its own story to tell. Tracy’s method of writing through/from the body provided a beautiful entry point to connecting to that space within myself that longs to be heard.” Adeola, UK.